Sitio web Spanish Broadcasting System
Position Title: Program Director
Department: SBS CHI – Programming
Reports to: General Manager
LOCATION: Chicago, IL.
The program Director is responsible for the On-Air product of the radio station or stations. This position is in charge of designing and executing the station’s strategic programming plan which will attract and captivate the target audience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcasting or related field; with at least seven (7) years of experience as a disc jockey, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Superior communication (oral and written) skill; Excellent interpersonal skill
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• A high degree of creativity and latitude are required
• Fluent in Spanish and English.
• Hire, supervise, direct, schedule, and critique the disc jockeys and production personnel
• Develop and execute On-Air contest and promotions
• Meet with music industry representatives to audition and recommend music for the radio station
• Responsible for the implementation of the station’s music policy
• Gather approval from Executive Vice-President of Programming or the National Program Director for all additions or deletions to a station’s music playlist
• Meet with sales department personnel to assist in implementing clients’ needs
• Performed additional job-related tasks as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled